Great sleep! Really loved Pension Prada more so for the people who own it I think.
The price of this place includes breakfast! We went across the street to the little restaurant where hot chocolate was waiting for us, muffins jams etc.... a great way to start off the morning.
I knew today was going to be an emotional day for me. Two and a half years ago on this stage of walking my friend, Jolie, lost her battle to cancer, she fought till the day before. I would be standing on a beach in the afternoon praying for her and would
find out later that she died that morning, with the time difference I think it was when I was on the beach. We would be blessed with tons of rainbows today, double rainbows, full arched rainbows , just tons of them... I know they were heaven sent
from Jolie!
We had two options today an auberge before Luarca that is inexpensive or proceed to Luarca at a hotel that has opened an auberge for pilgrims complete with kitchen and a chance to do some laundry. I was thrilled we would make the decision to walk on further
to Luarca. For the price we had an excellent place to stay. There were three Scottish ladies, I think all retired,staying there and us. I passed our dirty clothes on to the gentleman working there and a few hours later got a bag of clean yummy smelling
clothes back! Clean clothes and the smell of them is like Christmas morning out here.
We had rain off and on all day but kept a great pace and had a fun walk!
I like Luarca though we would only venture out to the grocery store...
Pictures from the day...
Breakfast and our sweet hotel owner...
The auberge is connected to the hotel but on the side...
Within seconds into our walk, the first of many rainbows...
Rain off and on, and trail conditions after days of rain. We are getting cold! Just an example of one of many areas we need to help each other get across...
Great beaches today!
There might be a blue sky but within minutes we had our umbrellas up...
Dog on the blog...
No comments:
Post a Comment