Thursday, August 19, 2021

Stage Four: Chazeaux to Saint- Alban sur Limagnole

Another splendid day!!!! We kissed our dear Dingo and family and we’re sad to depart from this wonderful family, the Camino provides amazing friendships, we’ve found when a door closes a window opens… and after a long walk we would end up meeting new friends that I think we will stay in touch with forever. 

I am a week behind on blogging, so there’s more in my brain than the time stamp of this date in time knows. Five years ago this stage was magical. Glady a lovely French woman would actually approach us offering us her teepee in a field to sleep in. 

My posts of five years ago probably capture the true Camino spirit more than this trip because I felt more up to date in my writings. But Gladys and her husband also owned a gite Antres Nous, and several weeks ago I called them excited to share we would be back and this time to get to stay in their gite. A lovely gentleman answered the phone, Eric, and said he was the new owner. He believed Gladys and Michael had moved to Canada.  

We would arrive in town about three which is early for us. We ran for orange juice to the grocery a bit out of town and came back to a gite that was filling up quickly. The family with the rumored other donkey would arrive.  Their donkey is Minnie, and I think I’ve attached a picture of her here, she has the blue fly guard over her eyes. I’ve shared more images of Dingo as I can’t get enough of my dear Dingo!!!!! 

Down the stairs of the gite would come two brothers ages 15 and 17 I think, resembling twins, wonderful young men, and I was instantly impressed by them. Dinner was fabulous!!! A paella that Eric’s sister made with huge prawns and an amazing cheeseboard after. Bronwyn and I would share a room with the boy' mother who seemed delightful but we wouldn’t know yet how important this sweet sweet family would become to us! The next morning we would hear a little commotion below our window in the narrow street, we would look out to see Dingo!!! His last night was in this town and while they didn’t stay in our gite, Eric, the owner of the gite, is a huge animal lover and I think also handled the stall reservations for Dingo and held Dingo's leather reigns, pouches, and accessories where our backpacks were kept. 

A car was going by in the street and it took some persuading to get Dingo to move for it. We ran down and gave our last goodbyes to them and we’re the last ones out in the morning…












No comments:

Post a Comment