Saturday, October 1, 2016

Day 30 Chapelle de Routges to Eglise de l'Hopital




We had an excellent nights sleep! The chapel was open but we slept outside beside it under the stars. The sky is so beautiful at night and this small church is among miles of grape vineyards. We are noticing huge machines picking corn, sunflowers and grapes.
We would meet many pilgrims who said they didn't even see the special chapel we stayed in last night:(...
Pastries...

It started to sprinkle, the grapevines were never ending, a beautiful walk!


Today was a long day but it had certain breaks that made it a really special day.
We walked through a town that was having a fundraiser for two children with fibromyalgia, the whole town came together for them and it was pretty touching. We stuck around for over an hour and spent a good amount of time talking to a puppeteer who made his own puppets and has traveled in the States a lot. I went to one of the local bakeries and bought some special tarts and bread and we sat around this town, Lasserre-de-Haut that had such a heartbeat.
We went through one town where a gentleman was in the church stamping credentials. He was so knowledgeable about Camino and the different , non typical, routes. He offered us to sleep in the chapel but we were not ready to call it a day, far from in fact. I could have talked Camino with him all day though...

Then in walks a beautiful woman from New Zealand, Jane , the oddest coincidence she walked the France's with a gal from North Carolina who I know!!!! What a small World!!!!!
Eauze was the typical stop for tonight but it wasn't calling my name and the man at the chapel recommended a chapel still hours away where he said we could sleep. Isolated and no longer used for services we set our sights on that. We walked until dark when we saw it with lights on!!!!!! We opened the door to find " the Hungarians" there ( I think I shared they are two Hungarians and a German guy) but we with the greatest of intentions call them " the Hungarians". I joked all day that something told me they would be there, strange thing but I get strong vibes such as this. 

My shoes are trashed, our shoes are trashed. After my Camino Norte I sung the praises of HOKA Stinsins, my feet were blemish free and I still , at home, wear the HOKAS I wore three years ago. I suspect some change in manufacturing because these $160-$170 pair of HOKA Stinsons are NOTHING like the pair I had three years ago. I bought six pairs for us, all of us are in them and the problems and the wear and tear were immediate. I can not endorse them again sadly as I was a true believer in them!


Dog on the blog, a cutie in the sweet town...








No comments:

Post a Comment